The JFS Care at Home different!
WE UNDERSTAND OLDER ADULTS, and here’s why…
JFS Care at Home clients and their family members have direct access to additional older adult programs through Jewish Family Services of Greater Hartford.
The following is a brief description of some of those services:
- Counseling: individual counseling offered in the JFS West Hartford office, as well as in your home
- Support Groups: sessions open to individuals coping with common concerns of aging; sessions are organized by the clinical staff based on demand
- Volunteer Services: adult opportunities to contribute ones’ time and talent together with others as a volunteer for Jewish Family Services
- Friendly Visitors Program: companionship in your home provided by a JFS Friendly Visitor volunteer
- Holocaust Survivor Assistance: supportive programs for Holocaust survivors
- Kosher Food Pantry: Kosher food available, both perishable and non-perishable for those households experiencing need
- Tara’s Closet: New and “like new” seasonal clothing for men, women and children in a boutique style setting available at no cost and by appointment only